Title: 옥탑방 왕세자 / Rooftop Prince
Chinese Title: 屋塔房的王世子 / 阁楼王世子
Also known as: Attic Prince
Genre: Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Time-Travel
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2012-Mar-21 to 2012-May-24
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday Night 21:55
Download Ostnya: RoofTop Prince
Tae-mu (Lee Tae-sung), after killing his lost cousin in the United States, returns to Korea, claiming that his cousin, Tae-yong (Park Yuchun), could not be found in New York City. Meanwhile, Tae-mu has been having a secret affair with Se-na (Jeong Yu-mi), his secretary, who, in turn, runs into her long-lost stepsister Park-ha (Han Ji-min). Park-ha has been missing for a prolonged period of time and it is revealed that she was in the US after Se Na abandoned her on the streets at age 9.
Two years after Tae-yong’s disappearance, four men dressed in Joseon era garments, fall onto Park-ha’s rooftop house. Hungry, homeless and having nowhere to go, the four men decide to stick with Park-ha. Their leader claims that he is the Crown Prince of Joseon (Park Yuchun), along with his entourage Scholar Song Man-bo (Lee Min-ho), Personal Bodyguard U Yong-sool (Jung Suk-won), and Palace Eunuch Do Chi-san (Choi Woo-shik). One day, Crown Prince Lee Gak sees Se-na who is the spitting image of his beloved wife, who was found drowned in the 18th century. He is convinced the two are reincarnations of each other. Meanwhile, company president Yeo (Ban Hyo-jung) mistakes Lee Gak for her grandson, Yong Tae Yong, because of their exact same appearance, and believes that her long lost grandson had finally returned. Lee Gak realizes that he has time traveled 300 years to 2012, Seoul, to search for the truth behind the mysterious death of the late Crown Princess. In order to approach Se-na, who is also President Yeo’s personal assistant, Lee Gak pretends that he is Tae-yong. Tae-mu, believing that he already killed his cousin in New York, lives in constant fear of his devious act being discovered by the family and Tae-yong aka Lee Gak who claims not to have remembered the event. Tae-mu has always been jealous of Tae-yong’s favored position in the family.
On the other hand, Park-ha is shocked by the news that her new friend who calls himself the Crown Prince is, in fact, the grandson of CEO. But before long, her feelings for Lee Gak blossom and she is hurt when she finds out that Lee Gak is courting Se-na, who still holds very tender memories of his dead wife. Lee Gak also believes that marrying Se-Na in Seoul year 2012 would bring him closer to solving the mystery of the Crown Princess’ murder in the Joseon era.
- Park Yuchun as Lee Gak / Yong Tae-yong
- He is the Crown Prince in the Joseon era. Intelligent, kind, wise, cautious and exercises good judgment though a little pompous and prone to think highly of himself, the Crown Prince finds himself time travelling 300 years into the future and confronts considerable challenges as he adapts to 21st century Seoul and Park-ha.
- Han Ji-min as Park-ha / Bu-yong
- Strong, resilient and having a optimistic personality, Park-ha has endured many hardships and trials since she was separated from her family at age 9. She has been looking out for herself ever since.
- Jeong Yu-mi as Hong Se-na / Hwa-yong
- Park-ha’s gorgeous half-sister. She works as the secretary at the company owned by Tae-Yong and Tae-Mu’s grandmother. Ambitious, intelligent, scheming and vengeful, she has relied on Tae-Mu in the past to advance herself. She loathes Park-ha and has done many things to make her sister’s life difficult.
- Lee Tae-sung as Yong Tae-mu/Moo-Chang
- Tae-Yong’s cousin and Se-Na’s secret lover. He holds a high position in the company and is not lacking in skills nor industry. But because of his father’s transgression with another woman, there is no blood relation between Tae-yong’s grandmother, who is also the CEO of the company. As a result, Tae-Mu has always been sidestepped in favour of Tae-Yong. Smart and ruthless, he resorts to whatever means necessary to get what he wants. Unlike Se-Na, he has no conscience.
- Lee Min-ho as Song Man-bo
- One of Lee Gak’s entourage. A child prodigy, he has become proficient in all fields of study by age 22. However, because he is an illegitimate child, he cannot sit for any government exams and thus, cannot take a position as officer. Because of the hopelessness of his future prospects, he has abandoned the study of the classics for an immoral lifestyle until Crown Prince Lee Gak enlisted his help to solve the Crown Princess’ murder.
- Jung Suk-won as Woo Yong-sool
- One of Lee Gak’s entourage. He murdered the nobleman who killed his mother and raped his sister, as well as the nobleman’s guard of about 15 others. He is very skilled with the sword. When later questioned by Lee Gak, he said that he learned to fight in order to protect the innocent, his nation and his king. His intentions are true and the Crown Prince saved him from the executioner’s axe and appointed him as his personal bodyguard.
- Choi Woo-shik as Do Chi-san
- One of Lee Gak’s entourage. Smooth with the ladies and skilled with men, Chi-san works at the largest brothel in Joseon. From the palace to the bedroom, Chi-San is wise in the ways of the world. Lee Gak appointed him as Palace Eunuch to discover what the people are saying about the Crown Princess’ murder.